Full Time Position
MIC Energy Corp. is currently seeking a new Graduate Engineer-In-Training with a minimum of 1 year of internship experience in the Canadian Oil and Gas industry. The applicable candidate must have some background knowledge of electrical design for industrial applications with availability as a full time employee at our 5 Street location in Calgary, Alberta.
Please note current position will be remote due to current Covid-19 circumstances.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Successful candidates must be able to execute the technical requirements listed below:
- Electrical design on heavy industrial Oil and Gas projects
- Participate in delivering quality electrical packages as part of an electrical team and independently dealing with clients and other multi-disciplinary engineering teams
- Work independently on assigned tasks in an efficient manner
- Provide support to senior engineers on current and future electrical projects
- Required to visit project field locations on occasion, as requested
To complement the above listed responsibilities, ideal candidates must possess the key skills listed below:
- Familiarity with MS Office: Word, Excel, and Access
- Team participation skills
- The ability to demonstrate leadership skills and qualities
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation, and the ability to work independently in an efficient manner
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Fluency in English with excellent written and oral communication skills
- A basic understanding of electrical design for industrial applications including load calculations, cable sizing, power distribution, heat tracing, modular design, equipment specification, area classification, power system studies, instrumentation, and control philosophy
- A basic understanding of required electrical deliverables and calculations for completing electrical designs for Oil and Gas projects.
- Experience with design for voltages up to 600V is a must
- Experience with medium and high voltage applications is an asset
- Experience working with AutoCAD is an asset.
- Demonstrates the ability to learn quickly, follow instructions, and pursue growth in their career
Successful candidates must possess the following educational requirements:
- A minimum of 1 year experience in the Canadian Oil and Gas industry
- Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in Electrical Engineering
- Candidates must be registered as an EIT with APEGA
Please send resume and cover letter by clicking the below mail button below. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.